On arrival at Colonsay, you’ll be ready to immerse yourself in the remote Hebridean beauty of our island; untouched beaches, stunning scenery, rare wildlife, rocky shorelines and rugged cliffs. Intimate and unspoilt – nature at its finest. Then of course, there’s the gin. We have a collection of over 200 gins from around the world for you to choose from and, over the course of the weekend, we aim to help you try something new, revisit an old favourite or maybe even find a new one.
• Full board for 4 people from Friday to Sunday.
• Breakfast and a buffet or picnic-style lunch on Saturday & Sunday, and dinner on Friday and Saturday. An early evening supper will be served on Sunday night prior to ferry departure.
• One gin cocktail pre-dinner drink per person on Friday night
• A pre-dinner, five gin tasting per person on Saturday night
• A distillery tour on Saturday or Sunday to suit guests timing
• Any transport required – we would prefer if guests left their cars on the mainland so that they, not only save on the cost, but also help maintain the tranquillity of the island by not adding to the number of cars. We will pick you up at the ferry and transport you anywhere you want to go on the island. During Covid restrictions please bring your own car.
• Ferry costs not included.
If you are unable to attend due to any official Covid restrictions in place at the time, a full refund will be made.
We have two double rooms each with its own shower room. We are able to cater for four singles, but please contact us for details. There is a guest sitting room and dining room where there are facilities for tea and coffee, as well as music, TV, reading, jigsaws and board games.
To ensure we can offer our guests the freshest ingredients and to avoid any allergy issues, we ask them to select a set dinner menu, one for Friday and one for Saturday. We have a selection of house wine for guests to choose from.
In between sleeping, eating and gin tasting, there are a multitude of things to do, in both good weather and bad, far too many to do in one visit, so we have a suggested itinerary, but it’s very flexible, and we’ll do our best to accommodate our guests suggestions and preferences.
19:00Arrive, settle in, freshen up, ready for pre-dinner cocktails.
22:00Gin collection available for selection
10:30Island walk taking picnic lunch
16:00Afternoon tea served
17:00Distillery tour and Gin tasting
21:30Gin collection available for selection
11:30Island walk taking picnic lunch
17:00Early evening supper served
18:15Depart for ferry